Friday, May 4, 2018

Getting home and cleaning up

Clay and Maya sharing a moment.
We got home around noon on Friday. We had a really good trip and I'll post some pictures from it over the next week or so as I get them edited and remember what they represent.

The dogs were all glad to see us, of course, but none had as much to say as Maya. She hasn't let me out of her sight since we got home and I expect that will continue for a few days. The house was clean when we got home and I had someone cut the grass while we were gone, so things are in good shape. All I really needed to do was bathe a few dogs.

Max and Trooper had been boarded and they smelled like a kennel. They were also beginning to blow their coats, as was TJ, but the one who needed it most was Theo. With 90 degrees, sun, and wind, it was perfect dog washing weather. Theo was great about it, TJ was the worst, Max and Trooper somewhere in between, but they all got done. I'll need to follow it up with a good brushing when they dry.
Spring continued to progress while we were away. Most of the
flowering trees are done now, it seems, but our chestnut is in
full bloom. We also saw a few of these in Belgium.




Maya hasn't let anyone get closer to me than she is.
Vince is having some leg problems, but he's still kicking.




Max on my washing station, with a four point
restraint system holding him in place (more or less).

Max in mid-shake

Max wasn't too bad with the bath. Mostly he
wanted to join Theo in the dog yard.
































Theo hopped up onto the table for me and just
stood there. I only fastened one tether to his
collar. He is shedding really bad now and I
pulled a LOT of hair off of him.

He's going to look really good when he's dry
and brushed out.

Trooper wasn't crazy about it but he needed it.




TJ's coat always stays clean somehow, but he was beginning
to shed too. He's a little nippy, but we came to an understanding
and got through it. The understanding is that he won't bite me
and we won't do this bath thing very often.
He loved cold water in the winter when we
crossed streams while hiking, but not so much
coming from a hose on a hot day.