Monday, May 7, 2018

Making amends to Maya

I was away for two weeks. Before leaving I was busy and didn't have time for a lot of walking. Since coming home I was away one day with another dog at an adoption event and spent most of another day in the garden. Maya keeps track of such things so I knew I'd better start paying off some of my debt to her before I got in any deeper. (She doesn't yet know about my upcoming trip to Kansas.)

I was away from the other dogs for two weeks too, but they don't take it personally the way she does. The way she tells it, I abandoned her for an interminable length of time, causing her no end of grief and worry. The only way to make things right with Maya is by spending time with her, preferably hiking, which we did today.

It was a beautiful day, the kind of day that makes you hate your job. After I finished work I had to make another run to the nursery and to Lowe's for more plants. I took Maya along for the ride, but that clearly wasn't going to satisfy her. We picked up TJ and headed out to the trails for a late afternoon four miler.

There were other people out since it was such a nice day, and no deer, but it was time spent with Maya doing what she loves, what we both love.

















1 comment:

Byron's Mom said...

Awww Good to see your girl so happy! :-)