Thursday, May 31, 2018

Looking for that silver lining

I had been congratulating myself on missing out on a week of rainy weather here while in Kansas where we had very good weather for the entire week. However, the humid/cloudy/rainy pattern has continued virtually nonstop since I've been back home. It seems that this part of the country is reverting back to a primordial swamp. I'm beginning to expect to see large sauropods coming through the woods instead of deer. I'm not sure what Maya will think of them.

The only good thing about this deluge of rain is that it's been good for my container garden. Even without sunshine the plants are doing very well. It may get overtaken by the rapid growth of weeds and grass that's too wet to cut, but I went around with a weed eater the other day, whacked down the weeds, and took these pictures.


































2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your garden.

Byron's Mom said...

So beautiful! Everything looks so lush!!