Friday, August 24, 2018

Almost Husky Weather

The last couple mornings have been the coolest and the nicest we've had since sometime back in spring. Friday morning the dogs had us up and out pre-dawn. If one was not doing much and not wearing much, it could have been described as cool, chilly even. I've done morning walks the past two days and they've been really pleasant.

Dog business. Three noses can't be wrong,
but what it is, I don't know. 
Thursday morning I took Maya, Rugger, and Mercedes. We just did two miles but all of us could have done more. Friday morning was even cooler, so I took the husky, TJ, and with Maya and Mercedes. The sun got things warmed up while we were walking, but it wasn't hot enough to give TJ any trouble. I know it's too early to expect weather this nice to last, but maybe we are at the beginning of the end of the oppressive heat and humidity of summer. We all hope so.

After the hike I spent some time getting the funk out of my van. It has smelled pretty bad ever since I had wet dogs in there a few weeks ago and it was due for a vacuuming and swabbing out. I'm sure that to anyone else it still smells like a dog vehicle, but to me, it's Lysol fresh.
Maya is not really cooperative with the group photo. This
is pretty good of both Rugger and Mercedes. Maya has her
eyes shut but this was still the best one I got.




























Rugger gets adopted Sunday. I'm
not sure how many more hikes I'll
have with him before then.































Again, a group photo op and Maya has her eyes shut. I can't
really say much because that was me in most family photos.
Maya is all business on the hike.




Another group photo fail. TJ wanted to sniff and pee and
Maya still had her eyes shut.
Mercedes is good with pictures, TJ is too unless he's busy
marking some spot.



Success, finally!  

Max and Rugger, back at home, running around the yard
while I was cleaning the van. 
Mercedes took up a position in the
van while I was cleaning it, ready
to go again. She seems to think that
she should be included on all walks.



Max, Theo, and Rugger in the front yard.


No comments: