Thursday, August 9, 2018

Just because

I don't often see Rugger with his tail carried that far up.
It's a nice bushy one when he waves it like that.
Theo was disappointed that I didn't play ball, but
he found and carried one anyway.
I don't suppose the dogs are quite as put off by the heat and humidity as I am. Or the swarms of bugs that rise up out of the wet grass with every step. Or the puddles of water still standing in low spots on the saturated ground. I feel guilty for not walking anyone, but it's too miserable outside. I finally got out for a little mowing and such this afternoon and then took a five dogs out to the pasture to run. I don't know how they do it, but they do seem to enjoy it, in spite of weather. Another reason to strive to be more dog-like.

On the adoption front: Indy is doing well, progress is slow but sure. She went to work with the adopter this week. That should be good for socialization. We hope that Hunter will be going to his new home this coming weekend. No prospects yet for Rugger or Mercedes.



Mercedes really loves the pasture romps.



That's Max in the rear, and Rugger watching him in the front.

Hunter on the run, ears and tongue flapping.












No comments: