Thursday, August 2, 2018

Mercedes, Aged to Perfection

Mercedes is a new dog, not a new car. As if I would ever be driving a Mercedes. She came up on a transport from southwest Virginia today, from my doggie dealer who lives down that way. Her family of 11 years moved to Texas and left her behind. Nice folks. They may be trash, but she is a gem.

At 11 years old, I'd say she is aged to perfection. She came in and greeted everyone appropriately, causing nary a ripple in the pool of dogs who call this place home. I can take her outside off leash, she does her business, and then she comes when called. She seems happy and surprisingly well adjusted given the fact that her world has just been turned upside down and she has had no time to adjust. She also seems very healthy and active, and has already enjoyed running around the yard. But inside she's calm and well behaved.

She's been spayed, she's had her vaccines, but I probably need to get a heartworm test done on her. She's got a small cut on her face from another dog in a temporary home, but it's superficial and will heal quickly. Her skin and coat could use some improvement, especially on the back end where I suspect she may have had a flea infestation at one time. We can sort that out easily. Senior dog adopters, contact me, vadogrescue@aol.com. She will be adopted through Animal Connections. Even on day one, I can say without hesitation that this is a quality dog.



Mercedes (left), meeting Vince and Maya.
Meeting TJ, he's never had a problem with the girls.

With Trooper

With Maya and Max








She settled into an empty spot in the office.






Meeting Rugger
She's quite happy and playful outdoors.

I got her a new collar with one of my
new foster tags and the county license.

I'm worming her just because, and giving a
food supplement to help her skin and coat.
I had to stay with her to get her to eat her
food, but she did so. 

Great dog

No comments: