Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Cash goes to the vet

Cash didn't get fed this morning, of course, and
he was trying to lead me to the food.
Today was Cash's big day at the vet. He was going initially just for a dental procedure. I asked that they neuter him at the same time. They did so and also did a scrotal ablation before starting on the dental work. He mouth, according to the vet, was an ugly mess. So bad that he's going to go back in about a month for more dental work. In the meantime he gets canned food. Cash should have had more vet visits earlier in his life, but he was great today with everyone, as if he had been going to a vet regularly for years.
He was confused about why I had skipped feeding him and
seemed to think I had just forgotten.

It's somewhat surprising that his teeth were that bad because he's been eating dry food here without any difficulty. I guess he was getting little or nothing before so now that he's actually getting food, he's getting it down even if he doesn't have great teeth. I'll feed him canned food and maybe moistened dry food along with his pain meds for a while.

Cash took it all in stride. My van is still full of stuff I brought back from Kansas, but I removed enough this morning to make room for Cash. The ride home was a bit more precarious because some boxes started moving around, but Cash handled it well. He eventually formed a barrier that held the boxes in place. He came home, ate some food and zonked out for a good night's sleep.






I had to help him a bit getting his back end up into the van.


He looked around for a bit and then settled down.

He handled the shifting boxes very well.
Cash was a good passenger in the van.

They have a nicely planted flower bed outside the vet's office.

But of course Cash just wanted to sniff.


He was really good with everyone we met.


He found an empty spot among my treasures in the back of
the van and settled down for the trip home.


He ate and went right to bed.

1 comment:

Byron's Mom said...

Aww He's such a handsome boy!!