Friday, May 17, 2019

Warming Up

It has held off for longer than it does many years, but the last couple of days really feels like summer is setting in. I notice it in the dogs as we walk, even if I couldn't tell myself. So we are planning walks with more woods for the shade and more water crossings, especially if the walk is more than two miles. I need to limit Trooper to two miles and really need to get his walks in either in the morning or later in the evening. He's the senior dog around here now and the heat is tough on us old guys.

Serena and Lily are sort of an odd couple
but they are about the two most eager dogs
when it comes to walking. I'm sure Lily
never had the opportunity.
Thursday morning I did three miles with Serena and Lily. In the afternoon it was two more miles with Maya and Trooper. On Friday it was three miles with the three girls together again, Serena, Maya, and Lily.



Serena and Lily at Sparky's Watering Hole
In addition to her pretty head, Serena's
body has some beautiful lines and curves.


Trooper walks aren't fast, but he keeps moving, unless
Maya decides he needs a rest. 















Maya and Lily walked side-by-side for a while
today. Maya is warming up to her, a bit.



When Lily hits the water, she lays down flat.




Get yourself someone in your life, human
or canine or whatever, who looks at you
the way Maya looks at me.


No comments: