Monday, May 13, 2019

Finally

I've been back from Kansas for a week now and still hadn't been out for a walk with any dogs. The girls were getting particularly tired of that and we were all tired of the rain. This afternoon, however, the rain finally came to stop for the most part, so we got out for a couple of walks.

I took Maya and Serena first, because that was really the only option. The trails would have been very muddy so we just did our two mile walk on the roadway at Pleasant Grove. There were some folks out on the soccer fields and Serena wanted to go meet them all. Both girls were just happy to be out of the house and doing something again, and I was too.










































I checked the time of sunset, 8:13 p.m., which meant I had time to get two more dogs out for the same two mile walk. I took Theo because I've been keeping him indoors for the past two days because of the rain. Theo will happily sit outside in the rain and then run through the standing water to make sure he gets good and muddy. And when he's outside he gets Max to do the same. So Theo has been kept indoors for the past couple of days and was very bored.

I took Lily along with him because I've been neglecting her lately. She had Maya had got into it while I was gone. I was working on getting them together again, and was making progress, but then Maya went after her again and since then I've been keeping them apart. Unfortunately, that means keeping Lily either crated or in the a/c yard by herself much of the time. I know she was feeling bad so I took her walking with Theo and she was very happy to go.

I think the Lily/Maya friction occurred because Lily growl talks when she plays. She was doing that with Serena and Serena was fine with it, but Maya didn't like it. Lily is still her sweet, submissive, kissy self towards people and other dogs, including Maya. We passed a couple people out on our walk and Lily's tail started wagging furiously and she tried to pull me over to meet them. I'm meeting some people who are interested in Lily next weekend and I sure hope it works out.











If you haven't seen it lately, here's "Finally" from Priscilla Queen of the Desert.


You're welcome.

No comments: