Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Maya's hike

Maya thinks there's been entirely too much attention paid to girl dogs other than her lately. Her nose is a little out of joint so I've been doing some extra snuggling with her, protecting her coveted spot under my desk from intruders, and this afternoon she was the only girl dog invited on the hike.
This was the first trail turtle we saw today.

I can let the Danish girls out into the yard during the day to run around. Maya's only real exercise comes from our walks and between her foot problem and my laziness we haven't been walking a lot lately. Her foot seems to be better and late this afternoon there were clouds and breeze that made for pretty decent hiking conditions. I took Maya, Pan, and Theo out for a three miler. 

Pan really is excited about the walking and he needs it for the same reason that I do, to lose weight. Maya needs the activity and stimulation. Theo just likes to go.
Three dogs on a narrow trail.

We had a good walk and even spotted four or five deer right at the end. Maya's foot does seem much better, although I still catch her licking it from time to time.





Most of the time Maya falls back into this
spot about a half step behind me. I don't have
to worry about her even though I can't see her.

Turtles surprise the dogs, who don't seem to
understand them. The dogs are on top of them
before I know what's going on, but they don't
leave more than a nose print on the shell.

The undergrowth is really lush and green this year.
We jumped off one of our regular hiking trails to take a
detour via the new disc golf trail. 







The leashes are very taut here, because we had just seen the
deer cross the road in front of us.


This is Maya's spot under my desk while I'm working.
I gave her a new bed for the spot. It's too small for the bigger
dogs but a good fit for her if she curls up. 

No comments: