Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Beautiful Brutus

Someone probably got this guy as a pup, knew that he was at least part mastiff and gave him a big, macho name - Brutus. He did grow to be a big dog, but the name doesn't really fit his personality. That's a good thing. Brutus is actually a sweetheart, a beautiful dog inside and out.

We've had him a few days now and I finally got some halfway decent pictures of him today. His brindle coat is dark, and his face is entirely black, so he's difficult to photograph in anything less than full sun. I've been keeping him out in Daneland during the day, either by himself or with Pinky. He has met and gets along with all the dogs around here. He is also picking up on the routine around here to the point that I don't have to use a leash to bring him inside the house at night or to take him out to Daneland in the morning. He has been calm and quiet in his crate at night. He's a little reluctant to go into the crate, but I've been able to push his big butt in there without much problem.

He's big, beautiful, and sweet. Come meet Brutus and you'll fall in love.










4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where is Brutus located? Have interest as a companion for my female.

Brent said...

Brutus is with me in central VA, near Charlottesville. You can reach me at vadogrescue@gmail.com

Byron's Mom said...

I have a feeling Brutus will find a loving family very soon!

Anonymous said...

What a handsome guy!I'm sure that good things await him.