Monday, March 16, 2020

An easy six

I didn't get out until late afternoon, but still managed to get in six miles on the trails. I just took Della because I wanted an easy hike. I was aiming for four miles, but after the first two miles I felt pretty good and just kept extending the route. I avoided most of the hilly sections of the trail system and decided to focus on distance.

It wasn't a pretty day--there was no sun, but it wasn't raining and wasn't really cold so it was pretty decent hiking weather. No one else seemed to think so, however, because we had the place pretty much to ourselves, not that I mind. We did spot some deer and one off-leash dog, but in both cases I got the short leash onto Della's gentle leader and was able to handle her easily.

There were linemen on our property today stringing up new fiber optic cable. We are very excited about that because it promises to bring us new, super fast internet connections in a few months. They were coming over the fence all day and into the pasture so none of the other dogs got much outdoor time. Tomorrow is supposed to be at least partly sunny and warmer, so I'll try to make it up to them then.










Sometimes she lets me lead.





It was a six mile route that included some trail
sections that we haven't been on much lately.


No comments: