Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Luna and the Littles

 Today was Luna's long awaited spay day. No more tiny Troopers. Luna was a very good mom and she produced some very nice off-spring, but she has produced far more pups than should ever have been asked of her. It's time for Luna to retire from breeding while she is still young enough to enjoy and long and healthy life as someone's shepherd girl. 

It seems to have gone well. We put a suitical, post-surgery recovery suit, on her instead of a cone. It's basically a body wrap that keeps the dog from licking the incision. It's something that had been given to me but I hadn't yet used. Thank you very much, it's perfect for Luna. 

Luna has a few days of crate rest in her future. Fortunately, Luna is fine with that. She's a very easy going dog.



This is Della checking in on Luna.



"The Littles" is our collective term for Lady and Little Man, the small dogs in our household. I used their new outdoor space for the first time today and it seems to be a hit. All I did was put up some 3' fencing in a big circle around a holly tree in the front yard. The circumference of the circle is about 75' feet or so. It's a good sized space for the two small dogs. I firmed it up today and added a raised bed, dog house, and some toys. They have been playing with each other and even sharing the bed, but of course they stop playing and move off the bed when I approach to try to get some pictures.

I put them out there after I got home from dropping Luna at the vet this morning and left them there until I headed back into town to pick her up in the afternoon. They seemed happy to get back inside to their crates for a good nap. I put them back out and fed them, and everyone else, after I got back home with Luna. It's about time to bring them in for the evening now.






Here's a short video of walking around the perimeter of the enclosure.





1 comment:

Byron's Mom said...

The Littles look so happy! They are adorable!