Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Before and after the storm

Hurricane Isaias made a quick trip through Virginia Monday night and early Tuesday morning. The worst of it stayed near the coast so we really didn't get much in the way of a storm, and not even too much rain. But storm tracks are uncertain so I did what I could to prepare on Monday afternoon, picking up stuff that would blow or that I didn't want to get wet. I also tried to finish mowing the lower pasture.

We had sunshine by 9:00 a.m. Tuesday morning, however, and one of the nicest days we've had in a while. I took Buster and Theo out for a two miler at Pleasant Grove and then mowed the last bits of the pasture in the evening.

As always, I blame the fuzzy pictures on low light and the fact that I was shooting them while mowing.

Max had a bath on Sunday and a good brushing Monday
afternoon. He's carrying a lot less fur now.
Sweet Serena

Max, Theo, and Serena in the shade.

I took a few garden pictures on Monday just in case we
had a storm that damaged them.



Buster and Theo

Buster is always ready to go for a walk.







If you ever wonder what a German Shepherd
is supposed to look like, you can't go wrong
by referring to Theo as your standard.




I don't get a lot of pictures of Della out in the
pasture because she's always hunting for rabbits
in the trees and shrubs.



Theo with ball in mown grass.

No comments: