Sunday, May 2, 2021

Griffin and Lucky and Greta

It was a busy day. Griffin is a deaf, white boxer that we had fostered a while back. He was adopted to someone in Tennessee who returned him today. Apparently Griff didn't care for the adopter's husband. It wasn't an all the time thing, and he's not a man-hater; to me it sounds like Griff was jealous of the woman's attention and didn't want to share and they were unable and/or unwilling to avoid doing the things that led to the problem. Anyway, Griff is back. I don't really remember much about him from before. I put him in the puppy side of a divided Daneland, with Callie on the other side. This evening after feeding them I opened the divider so they are together. I'd really like to leave them out there at night for right now, it depends on whether they object loudly tonight.

Lucky also arrived today. She is a young adult female shepherd who came to us via a friend of a friend of a friend, one of those deals. I had seen pictures so I knew she was actually a shepherd, and it sounded like she was a nice dog, but I didn't have anything that I could actually rely upon for that. Luckily, she is as nice as she was represented to be. She's more than a little freaked out by all the dogs around here but she  has met a few nose to nose, a few others through the bars of a crate, and we are taking it slow. She is content and secure in a crate in my office for now and we will let her come along at her own pace. Lucky is a good looking dog who needs to drop about 10 pounds.

Greta is a good looking dog who needs to gain about 10 pounds. She is looking better, however. The missing fur on her nose has grown in and I actually needed to loosen her collar the other day. Best of all, I took Greta to meet some people today who are very interested in adopting her. She liked them and they liked her. I liked them too, they seem like good shepherd people, and in fact they have a track record to prove it. After meeting them Greta came along to Berta's house where we had dinner and I planted some of the pots and containers on her deck. 

I put in a few hours of work and that pretty much filled up the day and evening. It was a busy day, but a good one.

Griffin






Lucky






GRETA




The cat met us at the door. I had a firm hold on Greta but she didn't make any move
to go after the cat and the cat didn't seem to be afraid of the dog. 


No comments: