Saturday, May 1, 2021

Ready, set, grow!

I've been planting my container gardens over the past couple of weeks. It's not quite done yet, but is close enough to show some "before" pictures. Some of the earliest things planted got a bit of frostbite but I don't think anything was lost. I have made some changes, obvious only to me, I expect, but much will be the same as in prior years. Once I find things that work well in a given spot I tend to stick with them. 


Here's the flamingo garden, all lit up at night, with solar lights.

This is the round bed in the center of the driveway, under the saucer magnolia.
I have fewer pots in here this year, but not by much.

This is the back side of the round bed. It gets some morning sun,
the front side gets sun in late afternoon.

The three tiered bed, with three water features.


The boxwood garden, looking towards the house.
That's Killian on the left.

The same bed from the other side, with water garden in front.
I was happy to see what I think is my lotus flower spouting up from
the water garden. My plan is to acquire several other large fountains
to place in a line between the boxwoods extending back towards the house.

The flamingo bed in daylight. The big planters in back had cannas last year
and they did very well. I've bought a few new ones, but I'm still hoping that
some of those from last year will come back. The pots in front are planted mainly
with lantana this year. There are marigolds planted in the ground around the front edge.

This space was my hosta bed and it still is, but it has become very overgrown
with english ivy and other weeds. It will be cleaned out and I'm going to add
some containers this year and make it another shade garden because it never
gets direct sun on this side of the house.

This spot has been my shade garden and I'm keeping it because it
looks nice and things do well here.

Maya at Decipher brewery Friday evening.

There were a lot of dogs here this evening. Maya was the best behaved.

The breakfast galette I made Saturday morning.

Filled with sausage, onions, peppers, eggs, salsa, and a lot of cheese.


No comments: