Monday, May 24, 2021

The new guy

Yes, we are going away in just a couple days, not the right time to take in a new dog, I know. But this guy is really low maintenance. 

About a week ago Clay and I had a day off together and we went out to this place in Louisa county that I had been wanting to check out. I had seen their posts on Facebook in local yard sale groups and such, and it looked like they had a variety of concrete critters for sale. It's just in someone's yard, an older couple, they make some of the smaller pieces themselves and they buy and resell the larger ones. There was a giant flamingo that looked like some pre-historic bird, completely out of scale with the more life-sized pink ones in our flamingo garden. There were some foxes that actually looked pretty good, in two or three different poses, but not a lot that I was actually interested in, except for this guy. 

After the boxwoods were cut back in front of the house there is now a large, open pathway between them. I actually put my container garden there one year, in linear form. My current plan is to have a series of water features the middle of the open space. There's a water garden in a half barrel at one end, then a bird bath with a solar fountain, and now this guy. There's still room for two or three more and I'm hoping to add something new each year. 

This guy is perfect for us, he's substantial enough that he won't get knocked over and he's just the right height for the Danes to drink from. 


The guy in back lives near the sellers and we hired him to deliver it.
Neighbors Paul and Will and Paul's tractor were helpful in getting
it off the truck and moved into position.


Callie and Lucky checking it out.
Callie loves running water.

I expect that Serena will be a big user of the drinking fountain.


Della checked him out and then sampled the water.



It's perfect height for the Danes.


3 comments:

Byron's Mom said...

Such a perfect addition! I love this so much!

Risa said...

AWW...does he have a name yet?

Cynthia Curtin said...

Adorable!!