Thursday, May 13, 2021

Dogs at dusk

I got the dogs out for a run just before dark this evening. That's later and later all the time and I love that about this time of year. It was the usual suspects -- Della, Serena, Max, Griff, and Callie, plus Lucky for the first time.

Lucky still isn't eating much actual dog food, but she does eat the canned shredded chicken food, and Satin Balls, with a bit of dry food mixed in. She's more and more settled here now though so I don't really feel that she's a flight risk like I did in the beginning. I still walked her out to the pasture on a leash but then took it off and let her run. And run she did! She really enjoyed herself, she ran around a lot, stuck nearby but not out of fear or anxiety, and she even associated with the other dogs. It was a good experience for her and who knows, it might stimulate her appetite. I had another thought on that too, since she seems to be habituated to human food, and I often use canned green beans as a partial substitute for dog food for overweight dogs, I think I'll try that with her tomorrow.

Here's some pictures of everyone having a good time. The camera on the new iPhone definitely does a better job in low light conditions.

Lucky, on her first pasture run.


Lucky ran with the other dogs and she was always where I could see her.

Griff  has been battling some diarrhea, but he seems to feel fine.


She really moved well and moved fast for an overweight dog.


This was the happiest I've seen Lucky since she arrived.



I've said it before, Serena is very well put together dog.


Lucky

Callie with a very lab look.

Griff, on the fly.

Serena loves those big red balls.



Lucky and Della

Max

Callie in the buttercups

Lucky is really a good looking shepherd.



The Dane play didn't really kick in until I had put the other dogs back into the dog yard. Once they had the pasture to themselves they started to play.

And here's some shots of Lucky in "portrait mode."  













1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a happy, nice looking pack of doggies.