Sunday, March 6, 2022

Zippy

Zippy was adopted today. I took her over to Green Dogs at noon. The adopters were very excited and had arrived early. She was sweet and friendly as she has been with everyone. She surprised us all, however, when she jumped into the crate in their car for the trip home.  

The adopters have a lot of prior shepherd experience and I'm sure they will need to draw on all of it to keep Zippy in line. She will have both halves of the couple at her beck and call twenty-four hours a day. I am certain that she will keep them busy. And she will have a new name, although Zippy served her well while she was here.

Zippy's adoption left Bonnie alone out in Daneland. I'm going to remedy that not by adding another dog, but by moving River over with her, starting tomorrow. I spent a few hours out there this afternoon. I really hadn't done any cleanup since Allison's puppies moved out and it needed it. 




Her paw on mine.



She was ready, she knew everything that I could teach her. 
She had learned to bond and that is what being a shepherd is all about.




Now it is time to get to know, and get to work on Bonnie.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck to Zippy and her new furever family. May they have a long and happy life together.