Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Callie/Hallie, the silver/grey beauty

Callie is now Hallie because Green Dogs currently has another dog named Callie. Hallie is now here official name but I'm still calling her Callie most of the time.

How is she doing, you ask? She is now rather attached to me, comes up to me for petting and attention. That's good, but she's still on a hunger strike. She needs to drop a little weight so that's not terrible, but I think I will break down today and add some canned food to her dry and see if she will eat that. Her house manners are excellent and she crates at night although I'm not sure it's necessary. Yesterday has her second pasture run and I let her do her own thing although I had a 4' leash attached that she just dragged around after her. She needs to burn some calories and build some muscle, but she enjoyed being out there so I'm sure she will. She stuck around with the group for the most part and she came when I called. Della has made a couple of play bows to her, but she's not interested in that yet although she is very good with the other dogs, very tolerant of the younger ones.

She has settled in here on a temporary basis but still doesn't see this as her home. She's not really trying to get away, but she's still looking for things to return to normal. She came from a good home, so she's not really ready and wanting to leave it behind. She's a dog who will take some time to adjust, but she will, and she will then readjust to a new permanent home more easily.














1 comment:

Rachel said...

I'm glad to see Della initiating play.