Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Fall in full force

It was a blustery afternoon and fall was in full force. The sky was full of leaves, many of them finally hitting the ground a long distance from the tree that gave them up. I went out on a break from work to do some clean up in the container garden. The ground was covered in at least 4" of leaves. "Raking" really meant lifting them up and shoving them in the intended direction, letting the wind do most of the actual moving. I still need to do the next step, chopping them up with the mower, before the wind changes directions and moves them all back again.

Later in the day I took Della and Elvis out for a walk. It was actually more of a "sniff and stroll" because that's what those two like to do. I had to insist on some forward movement or we would be out there still, but I didn't push the pace and I let them do more of their nose work than I usually do. We got in three miles anyway, which felt pretty good.













No comments: