Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Walking with Baby Girl

Her name may be Bailey, but she actually responds better to "Baby Girl," probably because that's what she's usually called. I was on a weight loss mission today so I set out with a goal of five miles, at a faster pace than I'm able to maintain with two dogs, especially if one of them is Della. So it was just me and the baby girl, who will go as fast as I'm able and still pull just enough to suggest that we go even faster.

She stopped once to pee and once to poop but otherwise kept moving, even when squirrels were spotted. We also scared up something larger than a squirrel but I never got a good look at it. Maybe a fox?

I stopped once to pee, twice to let people pass, and once at the end of each mile to take a few pictures. It was beginning to get dark when we finished. I think I'm going to start doing an early morning walk of just a couple miles and then a late day walk to get in a couple more. 

Mile one:





Mile two:






Mile three:






Mile four:





Mile five: (back at the van)




Five miles


2 comments:

Judy Carey Nevin said...

Please tell me her one ear will remain "wonky"! That was one of Henry's most endearing things. Everyone was drawn to that sticky-outy ear! Baby Girl is a beauty!

Brent said...

I do expect that one ear to remain wonky. It will stand up when she's fully alert and focused on something, but I don't think it will ever remain that way when she's more relaxed. It is very cute.