Thursday, November 16, 2023

Work and walk

 I didn't sleep very well last night, probably because I hadn't walked the day before, so I wasn't in the best of moods and really didn't feel like hiking this morning in the cold. But I knew that I should because it would make me feel better. So I did, and it did make me feel better. I took just Della because I didn't feel like wrangling a lot of dog. She was happy with that and we did a nice two mile hike.

I got to work and had a pretty productive day so in the late afternoon I took Bailey and Dodger for a three mile hike. We had two pretty close encounters with deer so I'm wondering if Bailey will forget about squirrels and set her sites on bigger game. 

I'm enjoying walking this time of year and splitting the distance into two and three mile segments works better for my work day and is probably better for my health as well. I'm more than a little frustrated that it's not resulting in any weight loss at this point, however. 






2.06 miles










3.09 miles



1 comment:

Scott Rothe said...

Very good. Now, print out those three paragraphs and tape it to your bathroom mirror. Once you shoehorn yourself out of the house and onto a trail, the dark days of winter become lighter!