Monday, November 26, 2018

Back Home

We got back home early Saturday evening, but it was after dark and too late to pick up the four dogs who were boarded. Sunday was a rare, non-rainy day, so the first thing I did was a couple of dog walks up at Pleasant Grove in the morning. First it was Maya, Serena, and Diesel, followed by Maya, TJ, and Coco. After a week of very little physical activity everyone was very happy to be out walking again, myself included.

Diesel, Maya, and Sweet Serena
We picked up Trooper, Theo, Max, and Clyde from the boarding kennel around noon. Clay brought Trooper and Max home and I immediately to town to a dog wash. Finding none available, I came home and proceeded to bathe dogs in the bath tub upstairs. It was Clyde's first bath with us, maybe his first anywhere, but he was surprisingly good about it. I had to pick him up and put him in the tub, but once I did he just stood there like an old pro. He didn't fight it, didn't try to climb out, which is good or it would have been a wrestling match. I definitely outweigh him, but he's got youth and four legs on his side, so I'm not sure who would have won that one. With a short coat, Danes are a quick wash in the tub. Clyde emerged slick and shiny.

Theo stepped right into the tub for me, although I had to climb in with him to keep him in there. He was very dirty from running through mud in the dog yard. Trooper wasn't so dirty, but like Theo, he had a lot of fur that needed to be washed and brushed out.

We spent some time out in the sun getting the dogs brushed out and dried off while getting the van back to its dog mode, seats removed and stowed, mat and crates installed, and reloaded the dog gear that I routinely carry.









TJ really takes good pictures.



Coco will get her next heartworm treatment this
week. It will be another month before she can be
spayed, but I have someone interested in her.


TJ, Coco, and Maya


Clyde was the most cooperative.
Theo after bath.


Trooper engaging Theo in shepherd play.

I removed a LOT of fur from these two.

Trooper is getting up there in age, but being clean makes
him frisky and playful. Theo was happy to oblige.

Clean Clyde


1 comment:

Rachel said...

Reading this brought back memories of bathing my old guy, Smokey. It was easier to strip down to my underwear and join him in the tub.