Saturday, November 24, 2018

Thanksgiving in Kentucky, 2018

Saw this coffee mug but didn't buy it.
We are back home Saturday evening after spending Thanksgiving in Kentucky with my sister Kate and her partner, Kim. Clay and I along with his brother (Hugh) and mother (Berta) drove to my sister's place in Kentucky for Thanksgiving as we have for many years. My Montana sister (Paula) and my mother came from Kansas as well. We had a good time. I'm going to depart from my normal policy of not posting pictures of people because this blog is part personal photo album, but still most of the pictures at least include dogs.

It's not a great picture of everyone but everyone is in it.
Going around the table clockwise, from the left is:
My mother, Shirley Jacques, my sister Kate (Kentucky),
 sister Paula (Montana), Kate's partner Kim, Clay's mother
Berta, Clay's brother Hugh (New York), friend Deborah
 (Kentucky) and Clay. I took the picture.


Hugh Hysell with Cache and Bebe

Neighbors' turkeys

These two really showed off.


This is the newest dog in my sister's household, he's
a little Yorkie mix named Cache. Still a puppy, very cute.

Ruby
Ruby was scared of us at first but warmed up
very quickly.

This is Deborah's dog, a handsome plott hound named Mojo.
Mojo provided the holiday drama and necessitated a vet trip
on Friday due a leg problem, but some steroids and muscle
relaxers had him back on his feet and moving pretty well
by Saturday afternoon, much to everyone's relief.



My mother with Cache.
Berta holding both Cache and Bebe.






Paula, Kate, and myself. I was really glad
this picture happened because we aren't all
in one place very often and it was a decent
picture of all three of us, and that is a rarity.

Paula trying to take a selfie with Cache who
just wanted to play with her hair.




Bebe is a rough coated or wire coated Jack Russell.
Cache letting me hold him for a moment.


Paula with Bebe

New bling for Sweet Serena. As the newest
member of our household she doesn't have
anything for her collar yet.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went back to your first post (Samson) and browsed up to the fourth post (Gainesville Adoption Event). I love this statement, it is so true:

You must be smarter than the dog to own a German Shepherd. That eliminates a lot of potential applicants. Those people are better suited for labs.

Thank you for what you're doing.

Maryo said...

I agree. A German Shepherd has to respect your intelligence but an important part of that is that you must also respect their intelligence.

Scott Rothe said...

A fine-looking crew all around! I'm glad you didn't go hungry, and that the tables were properly set with Fiestaware!

Byron's Mom said...

Looks like a great holiday festivus!