Sunday, November 11, 2018

Sweet Serena

I took Maya and Clyde on a frosty five mile hike Sunday morning. That bought me enough good will with Maya that we were actually able to leave her at home and take Serena on an outing Sunday afternoon. Serena is fine with us now, and she's happy and confident out on hikes, but social events are still scary for her. The only peoply places that don't scare me are breweries so that's where we went today, both Hardywood locations in Richmond, and Midnight Brewery on our way back home.

Her tail was down or tucked to varying degrees most of the time, but she got through it. She's going to have to get used to it, because she's so pretty that everyone wants to come up to meet her. Even if she didn't always enjoy it, she always allowed it, and she was good with all the people we met, including kids, and dogs.

When she's feeling insecure she turns to us for security and reassurance and I love that. I remember how scared she was of everyone when she first got here and she's really come a very long way in a very short time. This was actually just the second time we've taken her out in public like this. This dog didn't like men and was growling at strangers (us) when she first arrived, and now she's crawling into our laps and allowing complete strangers to kiss, pet, and hug her.





I'm afraid that Serena has already figured out that if she puts her paw on me
I will do anything she wants.









No comments: