Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Vet Visits

Busy afternoon with vet stuff.

Maya was due for vaccines and her annual exam. She's quite healthy, but it was pointed out that she's seven years old now so I'll start her on a joint supplement and I'm going to switch her, Trooper, TJ, and Sparky to Costco's senior dog food. Should have done that long ago for the other three, but since those four dogs eat the same food, and no other dog in the household eats that food, it makes sense to switch to the senior formula. The senior food contains a good dose of the joint supplements, but I'll still give some additional supplement to all four dogs. I had already been doing so for all of them other than Maya.

My little girl is going up, but she is and always will be daddy's girl. They took her in back for the blood draw and said she was fine with it but she didn't want to leave me and was constantly looking for me back there. I hate for her to ever feel like I'm not there for her.





















Diesel came along too, but just for a weight check. He was down one pound, which didn't impress me but the vet pointed out that it hadn't been much more than a week since he was last there. I need to get many more cans of green beans; he's getting half a can of them along with a mere cup of food twice a day. He has learned to like the green beans and he gobbles them up, but he's supplementing his diet with leftovers of other dogs' food, usually Sparky's from the front porch. He's also been eating mud. Diesel may hate the diet but he really enjoys the exercise part of his weight loss program. I had him out for over thee miles again this morning with Maya and Sweet Serena.











I think I mentioned that Mercedes had been returned from her first adoption. I haven't yet mentioned that she has a new prospective home, but I took her to the vet today because her hair loss and itching has gotten worse. We came home with prednisone and antibiotics, and I treated her for fleas although none were found on her. The new home seems like a perfect match for her - no other dogs, just cats, which she likes, and constant human companionship. Keeping my fingers crossed that we can clear up the skin issue and make it permanent.




















I took those three dogs to the vet this afternoon but I came home with four. No, I didn't take on a new dog, I picked up Coco who had been in for her final round of heartworm treatments. She got one injection Tuesday, spent the night, and got the second on Wednesday. Now, hopefully in six to eight weeks we can get her spayed and then adopted. She's going to be on strict crate rest for a while, but she's really pretty good about that.

Busy afternoon, but I think that took care of all our current vet needs.

No comments: