Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Name that shepherd

I picked up this girl from a woman over in Goochland county this morning.  She had found the dog running along an interstate in West Virginia some time ago.  She picked up the dog, along with another she was running with so they wouldn't be hit on the road.  She brought them home and posted the dogs on Craigslist from the area where they were found but had no response.  Her son has asthma and couldn't tolerate the dogs in the house, and she couldn't stand the idea of them living outdoors, so the shepherd is with me for now until I can find her an inside home. She seems like a young adult, friendly, good looking girl.  I brought her home, gave her a collar and tags, wormed her, treated a probable ear infection, and gave her a cozy kennel to herself for now.  I think she will be fine with the other fosters, but I'd like to give the wormer time to work before putting them all together.  In addition to the ear problem, one of her eyes looks like it has the beginning stages of pannus.  We'll check that out when she is vaccinated and spayed.  I'll be holding my breath on the heartworm test on this one as I'm sure she's never been on preventative. 

Oh, she has no name.  Suggestions are welcome. 
 

Cleaning the panacure off her nose after eating


Meeting the neighboring labs through the fence




Cleaning up a bowl of canned food and panacure

Checking out the entrance to her new den




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is National Margarita day, so how about Rita.

BudsBuddy said...

Jane Doe?

Do I win a toaster? LOL!!!

Anonymous said...

Gucci

Liz said...

She looks just like Connor!! I think you should name her Connie.

Liz said...

I did a double take because she looks so much like Connor. How about "Connie?"

Brent said...

And Rita it is. I like all of these and there's several I could go with quite happily. I wasn't aware that yesterday was National Margarita Day and I wasn't prepared at home, but will celebrate it at the next possible opportunity. Think of "Rita" the next time you have one, and don't wait for a holiday to do so.