Thursday, February 17, 2011

Lucky day

 Lucky arrived yesterday.  He's even prettier than his pictures.  In addition to the classic shepherd look, he got a bit of red in his coat that didn't come through in the initial pictures.  He is stunning.  He's not a particularly big boy, but he's well proportioned and most importantly, he's friendly, well-socialized, and doesn't immediately appear to suffer from any apparent shepherd neuroses.  He was a little dazed and confused at first, of course.  He arrived in the morning and spent the first day by himself, because I always feel that gives them the chance to scope out the surroundings and figure out who is who from a secure position.  He spent the night with Flirt and Jeremy and got along fine.  This morning he met Trooper, Zachary, and Molly, all without problems. 




He's got a great look and moves well, awesome dog
 






Trooper (left) and Lucky (right)
 



Lucky and Trooper, saying hello
 

Lucky and Trooper doing the boy dog handshake
 



Molly, giving him the "you can sniff, but you better not touch" look

Flirt was ok with him too.


















It's time to rack up some gay points, and aside from outing a right wing Republican that you met at gay bar when CPAC was in town, nothing accrues gay points (redeemable for small kitchen appliances or other fabulous prizes) faster than re-writing lyrics to an iconic Broadway tune.  So here's my song for Lucky, sung to the tune of "I feel pretty".

I feel lucky,
Oh, so lucky,
I'm so lucky and ducky and gay!
And I pity,
any dog who isn't me today.

I'll have that new toaster in no time.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Toaster,yes. Grammy, no.

Brent said...

Ah, that's stone cold, Sister. But I'll settle for a toaster.