Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day 2011

This is the Valentine's Day card I received today:

It arrived anonymously, so I don't know who to thank, but thank you.  I have several people to thank from last weekend too. 

1.  All the people who handled my fosters at the adoption event and were nicer to potential adopters than I would or could have been.

2.  All the people who brought me canned food.  I'm trying to fatten up a Great Dane, Flirt, and the canned food will help a lot, mixing it in with the dry.  I've been feeding her Zachary's raw food mixture, but that is getting expensive. 

3.  Thanks to the volunteers who bought Flirt a big bag of puppy food.  She seems to like it, and it's got more calories than what she's been eating. 

4.  Thanks to the shopper who bought a tire tug toy and donated it to us on Sunday.  I saw Shadow the lab trotting around with it today, so I know it was a hit. 

5.  Thanks to the people who post the dogs on the web, who help transport them to me and other foster  homes, who help raise funds for medical expenses, and who handle all the paperword and administrative stuff that goes along with rescue.  All these things and many others are vital parts of the operation that I can't do myself. 

6.  Thanks to my partner, Clay, who puts up with all of this. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a SWEET sentiment on St Valentine's Day! Thanks for sharing. Beth

Lynette L said...

well put Brent, I loved it! we could all use some help some time. You do so much. Thank You, Lynette