Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Coming down the pike

Here's a sneak peek at some coming attractions. 


This dog's name is Lucky.  Most dogs with that name aren't lucky at all, and this guy is no exception.  He's another victim of heterosexual "marriage."  Short version:  adult daughter gets divorced and moves in with father (the owner of "Lucky"). One of her three children is allergic to "Lucky" who now gets evicted. 

I haven't met him, but he's gorgeous and by all accounts he's a great dog, so maybe his luck will change. 


This dog is another victim of marriage.  Ladybug is in Tennessee with an adult daughter of a couple in southwest Virginia.  They somehow got in contact with my "doggie dealer" down that way.  Someday soon the dog will come up from Tennessee and travel up I-81 to meet me over in Staunton.  Again, a great dog by all accounts, young, healthy, well cared for, and beautiful.  She is just caught in a bad situation and needs a change of luck. 

And then there's this dog.  No luck here.  This is the email that landed in my inbox today after two or three forwards through the rescue world network.  It was sent by a good Samaritan neighbor of the dog in question. 
Good Morning,
I'm hoping you can help us.. I live in Goochland and there is this German Shepard [sic] which is purebred I believe. He is one of my neighbors, The owners are elderly and no longer live at the home in which we found out they couldn't take care of the precious dog.. We have been feeding him and trying to find a loving home for him but have had no luck at all...He needs loving, and some vet care...such a great personality...very large...I just can't sit back and see him there at the house all by himself with no contact except for us..We visit him everyday...He would make a great pet for someone with lots of love to give him...I wish we could take him but we do have pets of our own...If you can help us please let me know what I need to do. I do not want to call the pound or him end up in a terrible situation...
Thank You...
I don't yet have any pics of this guy or know his name.  I've written the person back for more info and will try to meet and rescue the dog as soon as possible. 

I don't have a picture of the Goochland dog yet, but here's a picture of a former foster who could be called Lucky.  His name is Jake and he was a trailer park dog owned by a couple who were breeding pit bulls (probably to support their meth habit).  They gave up Jake because the female pittie objected to Jake being near her puppies.  He's got a loving forever home and he's never looked back.

1 comment:

BudsBuddy said...

There seems to be an endless number of extremely lame people in the world. Thank goodness there are also many who try to help the unfortunates those thoughtless people so often leave in their wake.