Sunday, February 27, 2011

Adoption event, 2-20-2011

I took Flirt, Jeremy, Rita, and Shadow to VGSR's adoption event in Gainesville today.  Flirt loves people, gets a lot of attention and enjoys it.  No adopter, but someone bought her another bag of food.

Everyone thought she looked better, but the scale didn't show that she had gained any weight.  I wish I could give her 20 or more pounds that I don't need, and another 20 to another underweight dog. 

The people I thought were interested in her apparently are not, so I need to get her posted on the web.  She's an easy foster but she needs and deserves a permanent home of her own. 


I held Jeremy most of the time.  He's a little shy and scared at these events so he sticks as close to me as possible.  He will pay attention to anyone with food however.  He has really grown in a pretty nice coat now and I'm not seeing any scratching or digging.  He's eating Royal Canin's sensitive skin formula and he's also still getting a twice daily antihistamine.  He may have just had a bad flea allergy in the beginning that got into a secondary skin infection and has taken a long time to heal and recover.  I'm going to keep him on this or a similar food but may phase out the antihistamine and see if it makes any difference. 

He's cute and he's sweet, but he's an older dog so it will take a special person to adopt this dog. 


Shadow was good with people, was good with children, and hustled food from anyone and everyone.  He was generally good with other dogs but he has little tolerance for dogs who are overly excited and in his face.  That's his problem with puppies. 

This was Rita's first outing, which always makes me a little nervous, but she was very good.  After a couple hours she got stressed out and needed to come back to me.  She then tried hiding behind my legs and make it clear that she was through and wanted it to all go away, so we did. 

But, we got these beautiful pics of her first.  The camera just loves her and she seems to love it back. 


No comments: