Friday, July 22, 2011

Not much to say




Sable at the beach, very ladylike in her pink harness

This is Teddy, now called Trace, which I think is a great name.
Out for a walk with his new sister and new humans.

I went outside this morning to feed and organize space in my food locker.  I was drenched within minutes.  I took Bo for a walk to mark some trees and managed to collect what I hope is enough of a urine sample for the vet to test.  It's too damn hot and miserable to be out there and my presense stirs up the dogs who should be sacked out in the shade.  Sparky and Gypsy Jr. are together now and she has him playing in the water and digging in the dirt with her.  I fed them together this morning and sure enough, she made a rush on his food dish, but he came back at her and chased her off.  No one was hurt, but she didn't try it again.  I'm going to take the urine to the vet, maybe stop and see if I can score some dog food (the food locker is running low), and then get back home.  I think I'll do some dog baths and then bring a few of the older fosters (Luke, Jeremy, and Ryland) up to crates in my office.
Samson, on one of his adventure hikes.  A dirty dog is a happy dog.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree, it is way to hot today. I took two of my dogs to the dog park this morning. After a few minutes they were standing at the gate wanting to leave. Thank goodness the river is close and they got to go for a swim instead.
This afternoon, I made everyone come indoors. It is 98 Degree in the shade at my house. I hope this heat wave is short lived.

Kathleen Mistry said...

It is too bloody hot to do or say much else. My dogs refuse to go outside...they aren't stupid!