Sunday, July 10, 2011

Right place, right time

I never put Romeo on the website because I didn't want to deal with all the email that he would generate.  He's one of the nicest shepherds I've ever had.  He's gorgeous and he's sane.  Not merely sane, he's calm, cool, and collected.  He's a great dog. 

So the folks who happened to be a Gainesville today were in the right place at the right time to have the chance to meet him.  I found him a home and took him there on my way home this afternoon.  It made for a 9 hour day by the time I was home, but I think he's got a home. 
There are horses in his new home, one cat, and one other dog.  He seemed comfortable there and was good with everyone. 

He's got a great home, for sure, and he seemed to like the horses. 
It was a long day, but placing a dog makes it all worthwhile and I was really needing to get this guy adopted.  If I had had an opening in our pack he might well have stayed here. 

I also needed him out of here because I need to bring Luke back inside and Bo will need to be in here too after he has heartworm treatment, which I hope will be soon.

I had Tessa out today too.  Several people came to see her, one couple might actually work for her.  She was better than I expected, nervous at first, but she settled down and relaxed.  She was fine if people would hand her treats and gain her confidence first.  She needs someone who knows how to handle a fearful shepherd and who can help her develop some self confidence.  She was good with all the other dogs. 

Schatze

Tessa

Jeremy and Odie came along too, but didn't have any particular interest today. 

The other really good news of the day is that I may have found a home for Shatze.  I hope to hear from him this next week. 

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Yay for Romeo he was such a sweet boy! I hope you do find a home for Schatze she is a good girl and would make someone a great dog! Thanks for all you do!

Anonymous said...

A home for Schatze! What great news. And Romeo too. You're on a roll here.

Melissa Riley said...

I LOVE the picture with the horse!