Sunday, February 19, 2012

Sunday snow day

Trooper, getting as close to my face as I will allow.
Radley was happy to have a spot at the foot of the bed.
We haven't had a winter storm for the weather people to get worked up about yet this season.  There has been no hoarding of bread, milk, and toilet paper in advance of storms that may or may not happen.  It's been a mild and easy winter so far and I'm fine with that, but they have been predicting doom and gloom for the last couple days.  It kept getting pushed later and later in the predictions, which was causing me to doubt that it would happen at all, but about the middle of Sunday afternoon it started snowing hard around here.  The air temperature is above freezing and the ground is warm, so it's just the sheer volume of it that allowed it to accumulate at all, but it has and we have a couple inches so far. 

I did my outdoor storm prep yesterday and was ready for an indoor day today.  I cooked breakfast and made Bloody Marys.  Clay made a big pot of gumbo and I baked cookies. I watched a couple episodes of Dowton Abbey and even had a short nap, which is rare for me. 

Molly thinks that everyone is after her rubber bone. 
No one else is interested in it in the least, but she keeps it with her just in case.
I'm making arrangements to meet a couple dogs in Charlottesville tomorrow to see if we can help them.  I've sort of committed to a young male shepherd and to a boxer, and there's a female rottie or dobie mix that I'm looking at.  But mostly I've lazed away the day, as shown here.  Trooper loves to lay in bed with me, as close as possible, that dog really wants to share breath or swap spit. Radley is loving the indoor life again and also grabs a spot on the bed whenever possible.






I took everyone out for a romp in the snow late this afternoon.  Molly, Cabell, and Bremo didn't want to stay too long, and Zach didn't want to be away from Clay, but Trooper and Radley had a good play session.  Those two are great playmates--same style, comparable weight and disposition.  The fosters are hunkered down in their respective sheds, cozy in blankets or straw, and it's really not cold anyway. 


Radlely, Trooper, and Bremo

1 comment:

Jennifer Q said...

I have a major crush on Trooper, he is soo attractive! ;)