Monday, February 6, 2012

Odds and ends

Bo, the rottie, sharing a bed with his sister, and a cat.
I didn't do any adoption events this weekend as the nearest ones were Winchester and Annandale.  Both are a bit too far with gas at nearly $3.50 a gallon again.  I had to work Saturday morning and the day was damp and dreary anyway.  I went to meet a new shepherd that I'll be bringing home on Monday. 

Sunday was a lot of running around it seemed.  I finally met up with Karin and passed off four Animal Connections adoption contracts for Ryland, Breezy, Willy, Zora, and one other donation. 

Then I stopped by Buddy's new home and completed his adoption.  He's doing well and has a new name, Sampson.  He's a funny dog.  He won't take treats and consequently wouldn't eat the Heartguard that I brought for him.  He wouldn't even eat it when I put it in peanut butter and crammed it in his mouth.  Apparently he likes macaroni and cheese, however, so that may be the key.
Buddy, now Sampson, looked content in his new home.

He came out of a bad environment and I'm not sure what his human experience was like but he's settling in and seemed very comfortable in his new home.  I think he will be fine.

I picked up four bales of straw at Lowes because the rain left things muddy again.

The picture at the top left is my former foster rottie, Bo.  He's the abuse case who was so terribly shy and scared of people.  He is in a safe and loving environment now with someone who understands.  He may never be outgoing to strangers, but he's comfortable, content, and confident in his home, which he shares with the dog and cat shown here.

The new girl, Hannah, is settling in.  She has moved into my office, where she is calm and quiet, no problems with the crate.  The stairs were new to her but she learned quickly.  She has been fine with the other dogs but isn't particularly interested in them.  She is quickly bonding to me but is still a bit scared of Clay.  Apparently the man in her original home never had much to do with her; she is more comfortable with women.  She is "nippy" in that she uses her mouth to make contact, particularly when excited, but she's not biting.  I need to get her to the vet this week to determine whether or not she is spayed and do the usual vet routine. 

Hannah




p.s., One other thing I've been meaing to mention. If you post a comment here and don't see it immediately, it's because I moderate comments to the blog to prevent spam postings. About half the comments that come through are written in bad English from foreign countries advertising drugs, knockoff handbags, and other nonsense.  Seriously, do enough people ever fall for that stuff to make it worth their while? 

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

SOOOO happy about Bo. He looks content and safe, which is probably entirely new to him.