Monday, February 27, 2012

Sunday in the parking lot with dogs

Radley
Sunday I took Max, Dixie, Radley, and Gypsy Jr. to VGSR's adoption event in Gainesville.  It was a beautiful sunny day and the wind was calm after blowing up a storm the day before. 

Dixie
No real prospects to report as a result of the event.  It was Max's first outing and he was a neurotic, high-strung mess, whining and vocalizing constantly, and completely focused on me.  I couldn't take it anymore and finally had to put him back in the van.  I hope to Dog that he gets better at the next event, but I think I'll pre-medicate him with some anti-anxiety drugs.  We may both need them. 

Gypsy Jr.
Dixie was good and Radley was charming as always.  Gypsy Jr. was pretty good too but I didn't let her interact with other dogs very much because I don't quite trust her, but she had a good time.  I've got to start getting her out or she will never get adopted. 

Max
Pam got some great pictures of the dogs for the website and I took a few as well. 

Greeting Roscoe
Roscoe's adopters from two weeks ago brought him by for a visit.  He gave me a hug. 

Tomorrow I'm heading down to Natural Bridge to meet my doggie dealer.  I'm bringing back another boxer, and am transporting three chihuahuas if Karin has a place for them to go. 

Today I wait at home for the refrigerator repairman.  Let's hope the appliance gods smile upon us today because that is not the way I want to spend my tax refund.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww Roscoe was glad to see you!! After all if it wasn't for you we would not have the priveledge of knowing him!! :)