Friday, February 3, 2012

Playmates

 
Radley
Radley and Trooper
I've done some rearranging of dogs around here, as I usually do after adoptions.  Spartan has been indoors most of the time, but is getting bored and needs some more activity.  He still does the submissive urination if I reach for him, but he will follow me without a leash to and from the dog yard and through the house back to his crate.  Yesterday I gave him some dog yard time with Trooper, and today I added Radley to the mix. 

Spartan and Radley
Spartan chasing Radley
Radley needs to move towards adoption so I need to get better acquainted with him myself and get him more integrated into the household.  He's a nice boy and is good with other dogs.  He is loving the dog yard today and is having a great time instigating a game of chase with either Trooper or Spartan.

Spartan has been on antibiotics for over a week now and has had two medicated baths.  His coat looks great and I think the smell is mostly gone.  I don't think it's coming from his ears and if it's a yeast infection on his skin the baths seem to be helping that.  He's certainly a lot cleaner.  The bridge of his nose is missing hair, I just noticed that today.  And he still scratches quite a bit although I've seen no evidence of fleas.  I put a dose of Revolution on him this morning.

Nero is doing fine but he's become barkier again, I'm not sure why, although at least he doesn't screech anymore.  He's in what had been Radley's kennel because I want him by himself and he's going to be here for a while yet.  I did some pasture mowing a couple days ago in lieu of a walk and he had a great time out there with me, running around as I mowed. 

Radley and Trooper, good playmates

No comments: