Sunday, August 25, 2013

Horse and Maddie in Gainesville

Patton, Maddie, and I went to a VGSR adoption event up in Gainesville today.   I hadn't been in a long time and it was good to see a lot of the people there.  I tend to like the people at adoption events, the volunteers anyway, because they are the ones who actually do something with the rescue. 

Maddie wasn't thrilled about it, but she did all right.  She warmed up to a few volunteers and she'd let anyone pet her.  When we were in the crowd she tried to hide, but when her handler walked her away from the group her tail came out and up. 

Patton is on the opposite end of the size spectrum from Maddie and he's pretty much her opposite in terms of social ability too.  He loved all the attention he got and he got a lot of it.  I passed out a few cards with my email address and I've already heard from two about Patton. 

That's one of my former
fosters, Timber, in the back.
It was a nice day but we were all tired by the time it was over.  That's a lot of talking and socialization for all of us.  Patton and Maddie slept soundly all the way home.  I drank iced coffee.



When Maddie forgot about being scared
she had a nice smile on her face.

Last half hour of the event, Horse was tired

All the dogs were tired toward the end.
Adoption events are a lot of stimulation.


Patton walked beautifully with that harness on today.
It's not hard to understand why he got so much attention, he's a very striking dog.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Catching up on your blog my dear... Horse looks even taller than my Gus! Happy to see what a Dog Day Difference you are still making. Any idea how many have passed through your heart and hands so far??? Hugs... miss you.