Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Dog report

Trooper
All the dogs did very well with the housesitters.  Maddie warmed up to them faster than she did to me.  I let her out in the dog yard today without her trailing long line and was able to get her to come to me to be leashed again before coming back to the house.  So I think she is better than before we left.

For these pictures I climbed up on the Playstation
myself.  It gives as little different perspective.
Yes, it's sturdy enough to hold me and the dogs.
From the top platform down we have Horse,
Trooper, Gigi, Maya, and Maddie.
They didn't leave Maya in the dog yard unattended so she never jumped the fence for one of her unauthorized walkabouts.  She made up for it this morning, however.

Horse, Maya, and Maddie
Everyone else is fine as well.  Their routines went on pretty much as normal.  They were glad to see us and Maya has been talking even more than usual.  There have also been more group howls than usual, even Horse, who is deaf, joins in with some barking when everyone starts the howl.

I need to get Horse and Maddie re-homed before our next trip in September.  That will be a longer period so a couple less dogs around here would make things easier.

Mean Maya, biting my arm.  Actually I yelped
and bopped her on the nose as soon as I got
the picture.  I discourage them from playing with
me as if I'm another dog.  I am he who must be
obeyed, . . . sometimes, maybe, kinda, sorta.
I don't know why his ear does that so often.
It's as if it's trying to stand up it seems, but it's
just too big and heavy.  I guess that's why their
ears will stand up if cropped.  I'm against it
though and am glad he's got natural ears.
Maya and Maddie play well together but they
got into a fight in the house today, over a toy.
I yelled and broke it up. 








No comments: