Thursday, August 8, 2013

Trooper at the vet

Sitting behind my seat on the drive to town
Few people get a close up look at Trooper
Zachary is probably our dog with the most medical issues, but fortunately he's also the easiest to treat.  He's easy with the vet and cooperative at home with stuff like pills and eye drops.  At the other end of the ease-of-treatment spectrum is Trooper, but thankfully he's always been healthy and hasn't required much.  Yesterday was Trooper's annual check up, however, so off we went.

He's over it before it even starts.
Suspicious Trooper
I put a muzzle on him before we even left the van and it stayed on until I got him back in.  Maybe it's just because he knew that his usual bark and lunge move wasn't an option but I think he was better than he has been in prior vet visits.

He tested negative for everything, and as usual the bordatella vaccine in the nose was the worst part of the experience.  When we got back home I took him out to the pasture along with Gigi and Vince as a reward for not being a butthead.  He did his usual thing, chasing cars along the road from inside the fence, but that behavior isn't going to rub off on Vince or Gigi.












Relieved and relaxed, leaving the vet


"Thanks, Dad, let's go home."






Back in his natural habitat
Keeping us safe from intruders, trucks, and birds




3 comments:

Jennifer Q said...

Ah, my Trooper Dog Crush - I just love this guy!

Unknown said...

My Watson gets the bordatella as a shot. Trouper should be able get it this way as well.

Anonymous said...

Trooper is such a handsome boy! I love the shot where he is looking at you adoringly!