Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Sing "Soft Kitty" to me

If you're not a fan of "The Big Bang Theory" on television the title of this post won't make much sense.  There's a running gag on the show that whenever Sheldon is sick or hurt he insists that his caregiver sing "Soft Kitty" to him the way his mother always did.

If you don't watch Big Bang Theory, you probably should.  It's the best sitcom on television in years.  It's smart, funny, and very well written.  Here's a video compilation of the "Soft Kitty" segments from YouTube.

Geeky alternative lyrics to "Soft Kitty"


The details of how I hurt my back aren't important and they make me sound like an old man, so I'll skip that part.  But I've been pretty much incapacitated for the last several days.  It's better today since I went to the doctor yesterday and got a dose of steroids, painkillers, and muscle relaxers, but I still can't walk a dog on a leash, and certainly not the Horse.  Walking is better than sitting or standing so I did do some mowing until today's rain put a stop to that.

The rain was welcome in one sense, it kept me from trying to do anything outdoors, which was probably what my back needed, but rain gets old fast.  The dogs are tired of it already and had to spend most of the day indoors.  The old guys are accustomed to that, but the younger ones normally spend much of the day outside, which burns off their energy to the point that they are ready to crash when they come inside.  Tired dogs are good dogs and that's important when there are nine of them indoors and one of them is a horse.

Here's a few pics of the rainy day action around here.


Vince on his bed under my desk.
He's right between my legs most of the time.
The sweet Trooper face


Maya and Maddie, tearing it up

Maya has a different build and size, but she's
got Cabell's color and markings.
Maddie looks like a mini-Trooper.

Zachary, Trooper, Bremo, and Cabell


I managed one close up of Cabell before
he realized I had a camera.





Trooper, Maddie, and Maya during a break in the rain

2 comments:

Elisabeth Sloan Lichtenberger said...

i hope you feel better soon. Polly and Pike send their love.
Liz Sloan

Anonymous said...

I hope you start to feel better soon! I have to tell you that your living room looks like heavan to me! All those sweet fur babies just hanging out!