Friday, August 30, 2013

Vetting Vince

Vince stinks.  I'm not sure what it is or where it's coming from but frequently when he comes up to me I get a whiff of something nasty.  I thought that maybe he had another rotten tooth like he had a year ago, or an ear infection.   So we went to the vet.  It turned out that his vaccines were due to be updated so I'm glad we went, but we accomplished nothing.

I tried taking pics of the inside of his mouth
because he wouldn't let anyone hold it open
to examine.  Old teeth, but not rotten.
Vince really hates being restrained, even by me, and and he won't tolerate it at all from strangers.  We put a muzzle on him but he got it off, and by that time he was in such a frenzy that no one could do anything with him.  He declared victory and we came home, but not before making another appointment for next Friday.  I'm going to dope him up before we go in that day, and get the muzzle on him in advance as well, once he's mellowed out.

Sparky is due for vaccines too, so we are going to do a 2fer.  Sparky isn't great with the vet either, so I'm going to use a lot of acepromazine that day.

It wasn't pretty, and it wasn't fun, but Vince's personal Savior met us there and he was overjoyed to see Jennifer as he always is.

Vince is never as happy as when we see Jennifer.






No comments: