Sunday, August 24, 2014

Medication Day

Not the most flattering picture of
Gigi, her ears are spread wide.
No one looks their best while eating.
I don't do it on the first of the month like I should, and I don't do the flea and tick treatment every month because I find that they don't really need it monthly, but today we did the full round of medication (heartworm prevention and flea & tick treatment) on every canine in our care.
Ochie

It's also an opportunity to do a head/nose/tail count, and with the changes around here lately I see that we are back to 10 dogs, five permanent residents and five fosters representing three different rescue groups.



Vince was the only dog who lifted
his head out of the bowl while
eating to give me a face shot.

Sparky never looked up. I mix canned
food with the dry to make sure they
eat up the heartworm preventative
so medication day is always a hit.

You can't really tell from this
picture, but this is Charlie

Grady was much more relaxed today.
He gave Clay and I nice rottie hugs and
was happy to see us. He slipped out the gate
but came back when I called him.

Groot is doing very well, growing fast.

Max also got his ears cleaned and I
should do Gigi's too.

Trooper on top of his sentry station.


Maya eats slower than the boys but no one
challenges her for her food.

No comments: