Monday, August 4, 2014

Promises

Promises Animal Rescue is a new organization I'll be working with.  You can see their website at www.promisesanimalrescue.org. Chloe is my first Promises foster. I picked her up today from a shelter. She's been vaccinated but will be going in on Thursday to be spayed, and then she's good to go. She was an owner surrender, got her as a puppy off Craigslist, and was surprised when the puppy grew up and needed time, training, and attention that the owner didn't have time for or interest in providing. Duh.
Meeting Vince

She's smaller than Maya now and I doubt that she will be much bigger than Maya when she's fully grown. She hasn't grown into her ears yet, but her feet don't look oversized at this point.
With Trooper and Maya


Trooper is always good with new dogs.
The good news is that she's just 5-6 months old and shows no sign of mistreatment. She had worms but that's being treated now. She's outgoing and friendly, appropriately submissive to the other dogs, and she's laying next to my chair so she's already figured out that I'm a person of some importance around here.





She's a pretty little thing.



Big ears








1 comment:

Risa said...

What a doll baby! If I could take another female I'd scoop her right up. Bet you don't have her long.