Monday, August 25, 2014

Grady Meets Groot

Grady was very happy to get out into the dog
yard where he had room to run.
I took Groot out to the pasture for the first time this afternoon, along with Max and Ochie while I did some mowing. He had a good time running but what he really wants is someone to play with. I took Groot back to the dog yard, leaving Max and Ochie in the pasture, and then brought the new rottie, Grady, into the dog yard through the shed. The two young boys started playing immediately and  they haven't stopped yet.

I was told that the rottie, Grady, has a big play style, and he does, but it's just what you'd expect. Groot loved it. I brought out Trooper a little later but he just ignored the two boys at play and went around re-marking all the spots that Grady had marked in the dog yard. Maya didn't have a problem with him either, but she was mad at me for leaving her in the house when I was out in the pasture with other dogs. She made her point by chewing up my phone case and then taking off on one of her walkabouts and staying away longer than usual. The girl can hold a grudge. I like that.  But it doesn't last too long.













Look at Maya's tail wrapped around Groot's
neck, that is not an accident.
Grady licking Maya's face - smart dog.








No comments: