Wednesday, August 6, 2014

I am Groot

"I am Groot," that's all he says. But on his behalf, I'll say that he's the shelter dog I mentioned in the last post that we went to meet in Orange last weekend. He's going to be our new Promises Animal Rescue foster this next weekend. They've found someone else to take the little girl, Chloe, so we can pull Groot from the shelter. He's also a pup, very thin, no training, and was kept tied outside. Being given up was the best thing that has happened to him. He has no manners but he's sweet.















He's nothing but potential at this point. He got out soon enough that I don't think the prior owners did any damage to him. Shepherds don't develop a brain right away anyway, they just operate in puppy mode for most of their first two years. The first order of business will be to get him neutered, thereby removing two obstacles to mental growth.

I think Maya may enjoy him. She isn't too keen on Chloe, but she may like the boy better and he's a better size and age for play, although he's still rather thin and small himself. I'll probably pick him up this weekend, Saturday if possible, so there's much more to come.

No comments: