Saturday, August 2, 2014

Magic

When you've got a senior foster, the most common thing you hear is, "oh, she's lovely, bless you for taking her in, but I couldn't bear to lose another one so soon." Hey, I get it, that's understandable, it's not what most people are looking for when they are wanting to adopt a new dog, particularly after losing one. I smile nicely (or as nicely as I can), and agree that she's lovely and just move on. Like I said, I understand the sentiment and I don't think badly of anyone for feeling that way.


So what kind of people lose a beloved senior canine member of the family one week and then adopt another senior a week later? Very special people. Stella has a very special new home. They needed a dog, and she worked her charms. Although marking their carpet straight away is not a technique that I'd recommend to ingratiate oneself to prospective adopters, it seemed to work for Stella.









4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay Stella!! Such a sweet girl, hope they spoil her rotten.

Krissy

Anonymous said...

This is such great news! Stella is beautiful inside and out and she has now found a family to call her own! Bless you for doing all you do to make sure these fur babies get loved!!

Anonymous said...

She really did have a nice disposition when I met her. I'm so glad those folks have opened their hearts and home! :)

Veronica said...

Great work - so happy for Stella.