Thursday, August 28, 2014

Walking, walking, and more walking

I've logged over 110 miles of walking so far for the month of August. I hope it's helping, but I forgot to get on the scale when I was at the vet the other day. The dogs are loving it anyway. I've been taking Maya and Groot mostly, as they need it the most and they walk very well together. Sparky will get more mileage when it cools off this fall, the younger dogs handle the heat better.

I've been walking Groot on the EasyWalk harness, which he's wearing in the pictures shown here. That makes him pretty easy to control. Today, however, I put the regular harness on him that I used on Max. The leash attaches on the back and it's perfect for pulling, which he did.

I wasn't feeling like going out today and may be reaching a point of boredom, but I do enjoy it once I get out there. I ate today though, so I figured I'd better walk.














This is the same Cardinal Flower
plant I showed before, but a new bloom.






This is the smaller of two black snakes
I saw on the trail today. This one was less
than 3' fully stretched out, but the other
one was easily 5' and thick.



























Is this cute or what?

Groot is now taller than Maya and
he's growing fast. 



After today's hike. Groot was still full
of energy and played for hours.
Trooper allows him up on the lower
levels of the platform but not up top.
Grady got neutered yesterday so
Groot was without his usual playmate.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think Trooper may have some competition :-) Love these dogs!