Wednesday, August 27, 2014

My Mother's Pug

Tuesday was apparently National Dog Day. Like most people, probably, I learned about it from Facebook. I celebrated by doing what I do most every day, which was taking Maya for a hike. My mother, on the other hand, celebrated by going to her local shelter and adopting a dog.

His name is Jake. He's a pug. She picked him up today and sent these pictures this evening. So far, so good.

He's six years ago, 19 pounds, and was given up by the owner after he was attacked by another dog. Jake may have started it, but he got his little butt kicked and had a pretty nasty wound on his back that you can see in the pictures. It's healing up but he's still on antibiotics. The shelter got him fixed up, and neutered in the process.

I'm glad my mom got another dog and she's excited to have him. He seems like a good match. Wish them luck.